Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching
(Also available in London, Belgrade, Bucharest, Edinburgh, Istanbul, Nairobi, Zagreb and Beijing)
Sorry, there are no courses scheduled at this time.
Please Contact Us if you wish to be notified of any future
Please refer to the factsheet PDF for specific start and finish times for this event
Held over a series of 3 two-day modules plus a Live Action Coaching Day and supported by an e-learning programme, participants work with the AoEC’s comprehensive coaching model of Beginnings, Middles and Endings to mirror the Executive Coaching process.
The Practitioner Diploma provides a solid grounding in the principles and practice of coaching.
"I have found the AoEC diploma course to have been both rewarding and extremely useful. The balance of directed learning, course work and supervised coaching practice has been the right mix for me. Most powerful has been the in-house coaching sessions where there has been opportunity to practice and receive meaningful feedback." Matt Lock, Graduate, Sports Scotland
Qualification: Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching
Accreditation: Middlesex University, EMCC, ICF ACSTH, AC recognised course.
AoEC expectations of participants: To attend all the modules, to take part in the tutorials for each module, to have a minimum of two practice clients and to complete the required coursework.
Training progression Graduation from the Practitioner Diploma provides you with a free entry process to the Advanced Practitioner Diploma. This takes the form of a thorough coaching competency assessment leading to a robust learning plan.
Audio recording: The Practitioner Programme
Hazel Valentine talks about the Practitioner Diploma Programme
What you will learn
1. Beginnings: engaging the client
- develop a clearer understanding of contracting with client, coach and sponsor
- study key coaching frameworks and models to clarify goals and objectives
- enhance your listening and questioning skills in practice sessions with direct feedback
- start to develop your own personal, unique coaching framework
- clarify your understanding of ethical guidelines and professional standards
- establish peer coaching relationships to promote coaching practice
2. Middles: deepening the understanding
- utilise creative techniques to enable deeper understanding
- assess your client's developmental and emotional needs
- clarify the boundaries of your personal coaching practice
- explore the nature of personal and professional change
- experience supervised coaching practice
- be alert to both explicit and tacit information and its impact on coaching outcome
- perform mid-term reviews with client and sponsor
3. Endings: successful review and closure
- understand how your own experience of organisations influences your approach
- explore coaching within an organisational context
- provide organisational feedback in a way that respects the confidentiality of the client
- explore the importance of ethics in executive coaching
- manage the ‘psychology of endings’, providing healthy closure for client, coach
- employ solutions-focused coaching tools to achieve client outcomes
- build a strong professional client relationship based upon trust, respect and rapport
- draw upon a significant body of psychologically grounded coaching skills, to promote client development, encourage breakthroughs and deepen understanding
- align coaching to the business and organisational context
- manage effective closure to exceed client, coach and sponsor expectations
Who is it for?
The programme is primarily for experienced managers, trainers, consultants and life coaches.
Substantial people development experience in management, training, counselling or consulting.
Equivalent to UG degree / NVQ5
ACSTH (Accredited Coach Specific Training Hours).
Represents 45 Coach Specific Training Hours (CSTH) towards the minimums required by ICF when applying by Portfolio Method for individual coach accreditation for ACC (Associate Certified Coach), PCC (Professional Certified Coach) or MCC (Master Certified Coach).
Middlesex University / Professional Development Foundation
20 level 3 credits through Middlesex University
Association for Coaching
AC Recognised course
- completion of the three modules + LACD (Live Action Coaching Day) in sequence on a single programme
- an individual coaching tutorial after each module, to embed the personal learning and experience the process of being coached
- participation in 6 group discussions (3 tutor lead) by webinar after each of the 3 modules to deepen your understanding
- completion of the online programme to support and develop your learning further
- successful participation in and completion of the work for the Live Action Coaching Day, assessment, closure and ongoing development
- presentation of your unique and developing coaching framework and model
- reflective essay on your personal learning journey
- live demonstration of your coaching
- recommendation for ongoing study
Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching