Part 2 consists of 2 x 2 day modules which follow on from the Gestalt Coaching workshop and aims to give you a more profound understanding of the principles of Gestalt and how to embed them in your practice.
It builds on the core methodology covered in the first workshop and will help you further develop coaching skills at a deeper level in order to bring about significant change in yourself, in others and in their organisations.
This is an experiential programme with unstructured open space learning combined with semi – structured theory input and group exercises.
This is also a practitioner based programme which strives to connect theory to practice. Continued professional development has personal development at it’s core and participants should be prepared to come with personal and professional issues to work with.
There will be ample.opportunity to practice newly acquired gestalt coaching skills as well receive coaching from peers.
The programme will review core material from Part 1 and in addition will cover;
- The interactive cycle of experience as applied to individuals and teams
- How to work with and understand the natural ‘interruptions’ to the cycle of experience – the resistances known as projection, retroflection, introjections and confluence
- Explore the concept of polarities and how this can be used to help clients expand their range of emotional expression
- Work with ‘unfinished business’
- Understand the Gestalt notion of ‘experiment and how to design experiments as gestalt interventions – using 2-chair work, heightening awareness, amplication, etc
- Practise the use of ‘self’ as a powerful agent of change by developing ‘presence’