Do you want to coach in a way that creates shift in the individual, team and wider organisation?
Do you want to have a better way of understanding system dynamics?
Do you want to be more resilient and effective in the midst of ambiguous and turbulent environments?
If so, this workshop is a unique opportunity to fill that gap and feel more skilled at coaching systemically within organisations.
We are also running a specialist Open Event to provide a clear introduction to the concept and benefits of Team Coaching and explain more about how you can train with the AoEC to develop knowledge, skills, practice and qualifications in Team Coaching at Certificate and Masters levels. For more information about the Team Coaching Open Event please click on the Open Events link on the right hand column of this page.
The faculty delivering the programme are leaders in the fields of team coaching and systemic change. The workshop is relevant for anyone involved in individual and team coaching who wants to develop a systemic lens to their coaching practice. Participants on the Systemic Team Coaching Diploma will also join the workshop.
The methodology we will use is based on the pioneering work of Barry Oshry and his theory of systems leadership. Through years of research, Oshry made a simple observation. In organisation after organisation, regardless of industry, size or country, he witnessed the same self-limiting patterns of behaviour. Each time, the problems were thought to be unique and personal. And the solution: to shuffle, fire or change the players. The only problem was the same issues kept coming back. What Oshry realised was that the vast majority of problems were not, in fact, just personal.
Instead, they were systemic - meaning, shaped by the different contexts within which people operate and work relative to one another. And that the path to leadership lay not in changing the players, but in working the underlying systemic issues in ways that produce lasting results.
What you will learn
- Learn how to coach organisational shifts in behaviour, culture and team performance using a systemic lens.
- Gain an understanding for the difficult issues people deal with at all levels of the organisation.
- Address the root causes, not just the symptoms of misunderstandings, communication problems and conflict.
- Spot and interrupt dysfunctional patterns that result in underperformance.
- Experience Barry Oshry’s Organisation Workshop – something that will disturb the status quo, engage, frustrate, illuminate and make you laugh.
- Participate in two high impact, organisational exercises in a fast-moving environment. This provides the setting for visceral learning and an appreciation of the systemic conditions that impact individual, team and organisational performance.
- Experience individual and team coaching for systemic change.
- Work in-depth, with fellow coaches and faculty on client case studies and explore how to coach more effectively for individual, team and organisation-wide shift.